Adobe and Cockatoo Island have initiated a competition aimed at selecting the official video documenter for the inaugural Cockatoo Island Film Festival, which runs from 24-28 October, 2012.
The Festival will bring together more than 1,000 patrons from the film and creative industries and the winner will gain exclusive behind the scenes access to all the action and stars. The competition is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand. Aspiring entrants must create and submit a 60 ““ 90 second short film around the theme ‘Transport Yourself’ using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, After Effects CS6 or Adobe CS6 Production Premium. Trial versions of these applications and entry forms are available from the Adobe and Cockatoo Island Film Festival competition website.
A panel of judges from Adobe, The Cockatoo Island Film Festival and a film industry representative (who will be announced shortly) will select one overall winner and one runner up. They will be looking for:
– The entry that showcases the participant’s ability to produce engaging content and to interview a subject or subjects.
– The entry that demonstrates editing creativity, which can be applied to creating Cockatoo Island Film Festival Behind The Scenes content.
The winner’s prize consists of:
– A ‘Glamping’ package to stay on Cockatoo Island in Sydney throughout the festival;
– Flights for you and a friend from your nearest capital city;
– Interview opportunities with film producers and/or celebrities;
– Backstage access to all of the Cockatoo Island Film festival events;
– A copy of Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.
During The Festival, Adobe will showcase its commitment to the film and creative industries by providing a dedicated venue that will allow people to take part in master classes with filmmakers and workshops on the company’s latest software.