January 28, 2007: Colorvision has just released a free update to its PrintFIX PRO calibration software, which holds particular benefits to photographers who make B&W prints.
PrintFIX PRO 2.0 is aimed at photographers with the latest generation of professional inkjet printers that include at least two levels of grey ink, in addition to black inks. It is designed to provide the ability to print both gallery quality colour, and gallery quality black and white prints, with the standard inks, and the standard driver plus the same convenient ICC workflow, complete with screen preview of print results, for both colour and B&W. Users can print on gloss, lustre, matte and fine art media and benefit from multiple methods of defining, previewing and printing cross-tinted, single-tinted, or dead neutral black and white prints, and colour prints as well; all on the same printer.
Features of the latest version include:
– A new Grey Axis Algorithm offers user selection of Absolute Greys or Paper Relative Greys, delivering high detail, grey control and unprecedented neutrality.
– A new Curves Import Function allows users to import .acv format greyscale or RGB curves sets for fine-tuning B&W tinting curves in their image editor. New Highlight and Shadow Detail Sliders allow easy user control of punch and detail in shadows, and in highlights and are especially useful for reducing clogged shadows with matte and fine art papers.
– New Profile Softproof capabilities within the PrintFIX PRO Print Preview window, allowing users to see the effect of their profile and profile settings even before they make a test print.
– New Multiple Test Image options include PDI Color Test Image, ColorVision B&W Test Image, or User Selected Test image. Users can switch easily from the standard test images, to their own preferred test image to check their profile against standard colour, standard B&W and personal images.
– New Advanced Presets will allow users to easily select pre-built or custom sets of Advanced Profiles Settings to produce profiles with specific combinations of Highlight Tint, Shadow Tint, Highlight Detail, Shadow Detail and Neutrality settings. Provided presets include a range of Sepia, Platinum, Cool, Warm, and Cross-Tint selections.
PrintFIX PRO 2.0 is designed for use with the Spyder2PRO colorimeter. For more information visit www.kayell.com.au. The free download is available to existing users of PrintFIX PRO at www.datacolour.com.