Registrations have opened for The Hang On workshop, which is designed to help photographers who will be exhibiting their work in Head On Photo Festival 2015. The Head On team also want you to know it’s “an essential workshop even if you are not exhibiting in Head On 2015”.
This one-day Head On pre-festival workshop sold out last year. This year’s workshop will be held at the Museum of Sydney on the corner of Phillip and Bridge Streets on Saturday 28 February 2015. It will run from 9.45am to 4pm with registration opening from 9am.
Topics to be covered on the day by seven professional, experienced and highly motivated speakers include:
- Selecting and curating your images – how many and in what order?
- What commercial galleries want – what sells?
- How to plan and budget your exhibition – what will an exhibition cost?
- Key legal issues – model releases, negotiating contracts and more
- Displaying your work- paper types and how to get perfect colours
- Featured v Associated exhibitions – how are these selected?
- Promoting your exhibition – how to approach the media?
A fee of AU$75 applies to Head On members and 2015 exhibitor applicants. The full price to non-members is AU$130. For full details and registration visit https://www.headon.com.au/product/getting-started-your-exhibition-2015.