Sony has announced the release of its first full-frame vlogging camera, the ZV-E1, which features the latest BIONZ XR image processor plus a dedicated AI processing unit.
The just-announced Sony ZV-E1 vlogging camera, the first model with a full-frame BSI CMOS sensor. (Source: Sony.)
The new ZV-E1 has been designed as a professional photo/video camera and combines the 12.1-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor of the α7S III with a BIONZ XR image processor and a new, dedicated AI processing unit. Compatible with more that 70 E-mount lenses, it provides a versatile and highly mobile recording platform for content creators. With up to eight times more processing power than previous Sony processors, the new BIONZ XR processor boosts high-sensitivity performance, gradation rendering, colour reproduction and low-noise performance. The new camera can record impressive low-light images with its native sensitivity range of ISO 80 to ISO 102,400, which can be extended to ISO 409,600 when the need arises. It also boasts more than 15 stops of dynamic range and is capable of cinematic bokeh, AI-based auto subject framing, AF assist, USB streaming and the option to connect multiple microphones to ensure high-quality audio recordings. Its dust- and moisture-resistant body is one of the smallest full frame interchangeable lens cameras on the market.
Key features of the new camera are as follows:
- The world’s smallest, lightest, full-frame interchangeable lens vlogging camera
- Full-frame back-illuminated CMOS Exmor R sensor with 15+ stops of latitude and high sensitivity
3. Sony E-mount System
4. BIONZ XR image processing engine
5. AI-based Real-time Recognition AF and Tenacious Real-time Tracking
6. 4K 60p, 4K 120p upgradable
7. Cinematic Vlog Setting including S-Cinetone
8. 5-axis optical in-body image stabilisation and Dynamic active Mode stabilisation
9. AI-based Auto Framing and Framing Stabiliser
10. S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3
11. Breathing Compensation function
12. Product Showcase Setting and one-touch Bokeh Switch
13. Intelligent 3 Capsule Microphone with variable directivity
14. Vari-angle touch LCD screen for easy monitoring
15. Easy, stable smartphone connectivity
16. Designed with sustainability in mind
Users will also be able to connect and share content easily with Sony’s recently announced Creators’ Cloud a suite of applications, which are designed to extend the camera and shooting into the cloud. They provide instant video and stills uploading and enable quick editing and collaborative work with peers, from multiple devices. The ZV-E1 also includes new accessibility features that facilitate operation in a number of ways, including screen reader functionality for the visually impaired.
The ZV-E1 will be available in Australia from late April 2023 at an RRP of AU$3,799. Click here for more information.