Sony has released details of the E 16-55mm f/2.8 G standard zoom lens and the E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens for its APS-C mirrorless cameras.
The new E 16-55mm f/2.8 G standard zoom lens. (Source: Sony.)
These two lenses brings to 54 the total number of lenses for the E-mount system. The 16-55mm (24-82.5mm in 35mm equivalent focal length) standard zoom boasts a constant f2.8 aperture and offers G Lens image quality with outstanding all-around performance. This lens is ideal for professionals as well as enthusiasts and can be used to capture landscapes, portraits and everyday snapshots.
Key features are as follows:
- High corner-to-corner resolution throughout the zoom range even at f/2.8
- Two AA (advanced aspherical) and two aspherical elements suppress aberration for outstanding corner-to-corner resolution, while three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements reduce chromatic aberration and colour bleeding
- Adoption of Nano AR coating suppresses flare and ghosting by
- 9-blade circular aperture mechanism and precisely controlled spherical aberration ensure beautiful bokeh
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture in a compact, lightweight lens weighing 494 grams
- XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motor – as equipped in G Master series lenses – utilised for fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
- Professional control and reliability
- Customisable focus hold button for instantaneous operation
- Linear Response MF for fine, responsive manual focus control
- Dust and moisture resistant design in order to deal with difficult outdoor conditions
- Fluorine coated front element to resist dirt and fingerprints.
The compact and lightweight E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens (model SEL70350G). (Source: Sony.)
The new E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens uses an optimised optical and mechanical design to provide excellent image quality throughout the frame. Covering focal lengths equivalent to 105-525mm in 35mm format, its high optical performance is combined the mobility of a compact, lightweight design even with 5x zoom. It also includes built-in optical image stabilisation which makes this lens ideal for landscape and wildlife photographers.
Key features include:
- Excellent corner-to-corner G Lens image quality all the way to 350mm
- One aspherical lens suppresses optical aberration and provide outstanding resolution from corner-to-corner
- Three ED glass elements effectively arranged suppress chromatic aberration and control colour blur even at corners
- Circular aperture contributes to soft, beautiful bokeh
- Compact, lightweight design weighing just 625 grams makes this 5x super-telephoto zoom remarkably mobile
- Sony’s advanced XD Linear Motor technology in an APS-C format lens, for fast, precise AF and tracking
- Excellent control and reliability
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation makes it easier to capture images with greatly reduced blur, particularly when shooting at super-telephoto focal lengths
- A conveniently placed focus hold button can be assigned to a variety of functions via camera body
- An AF/MF focus mode switch on the lens makes it easy to quickly switch between auto and manual focus to respond to changing shooting needs
- Engage the zoom lock switch to prevent the lens from extending under its own weight during transportation
- Dust and moisture resistant design
The SEL1655G will ship in Europe in September 2019 priced at approximately €1300.
The SEL70350G will ship in Europe in October 2019 priced at approximately €900.