Announced today the new Sony 50mm f/1.4 G Master (Model SEL50F14GM) E-mount lens is fast, compact, and features a new optical design for high performance.
Sony 50mm f/1.4 G Master (Model SEL50F14GM) E-mount lens.
– Fast and precise autofocus.
– Minimum focusing distance up to 0.41 meters and maximum magnification up to 0.16x when autofocus is used.
– Compact (80.6mm diameter, 96mm length) and lightweight (approx 516 grams).
– An 11-blade circular aperture.
– Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements that effectively correct field curvature and most types of aberration.
– An ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element that suppresses chromatic aberration to maintain clear and sharp images without color bleeding.
– Design combination of the XA and ED elements to help achieve high-resolution throughout the entire frame.
– Sony’s original Nano AR Coating II to suppress reflections even in a backlit scene.
– High-thrust XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors.
– Iris lock switch, offered for the first time on a Sony prime lens.
– 67 mm thread mount, allowing for a filter to be interchangeable with the FE 24mm f/1.4 G Master and FE 35mm f/1.4 G Master
– Focus hold buttons and a focus mode switch for extra shooting versatility.
– Customizable focus hold buttons in two locations, which can be further assigned to several other functions.
– Focus mode switch to change between autofocus and manual focus on the fly.
– Front lens element with fluorine coating to repel and allow for easy removal of fingerprints, dust, water, oil, and other contaminants.
– Dust and moisture resistant design.
The Sony 50mm f/1.4 G Master lens is expected to arrive in Australia next month at an RRP of $2,599.
See details on the Sony website.