Attractive in particular for travel photographers, the new M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 lens is a lightweight, dust- and splash-proof addition for M4/3 cameras.
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 (35mm equiv 24-400mm) provides a 16.6×1 magnification and high quality optics for performance across the entire focal length.
– Compact and lightweight, high-magnification zoom lens. Mounted on the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, total weight is approx 930g.
– Strong all round performance from close to distan subjects, indoors and outdoors.
– Dust and splash-proof.
– Movie and Stills Compatible (MSC) – see below.
– Maximum Aperture f/3.5, Minimum f/22.
– Angle of view 84 degrees to 6.2 degrees.
– 72mm lens thread size for filters.
– 16 elements in 11 groups.
– 99.7mm height x 77.5mm width x 77.5mm depth.
– 455g weight.
The new lens features a Movie and Stills Compatible (MSC) mechanism that uses an inner focus system for high-speed, precise AF performance.
For image quality, lens elements including Super ED lenses and aspherical lenses have been arranged to suppress chromatic aberration and distortion across the entire zoom range.
ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) Coating on the lens “significantly reduces ghosts and flares, creating bright and clear image depiction across the entire frame”.
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 will be available late March.
See more details on the Olympus website.