Nikon has issued updates for its Picture Control Utility, Capture NX-D and ViewNX-i applications to correct various problems.
Version 2.4.2 of Picture Control Utility 2 fixes an issue that would see parts of NEF (RAW) images shot with the Z 6 camera displaying incorrectly after the pictures were saved using NEF processing. ViewNX-i version 1.3.2 and Capture NX-D version 1.5.2 are updated via the same installer software. The fix for ViewNX-i corrects two issues. In one, files saved at an image quality of ’99’ were larger than those saved at an image quality of ‘100’. In the other XMP/IPTC information was lost from files saved using Ctrl+S.
The Capture NX-D update fixes the following issues:
– The application would crash if the Specify size option was selected in the batch processing dialog. Some time would elapse before the Start button would be available.
– Changes to image length in the Convert Files dialog would sometimes not be matched by changes to width.
– All changes to NEF/NRW (RAW) pictures made with NEF/NRW + JPEG enabled would be lost when the files were saved in JPEG format.
– Batch processing and file conversion could not be resumed once paused.
– The application would sometimes fail to launch.
– Image artifacts (‘noise’) would increase in pictures saved in other formats.
– Straighten now functions as intended.
– Files saved at an image quality of ’99’ would be larger than those saved at an image quality of ‘100’.
– Portions of NEF (RAW) images shot with the Z 6 would sometimes not display correctly after the pictures were saved using NEF processing.
Click here to access Nikon’s support pages and download the latest versions of the software.