Fujifilm has withdrawn the recently-released Version 4.0 of the firmware for its X-T2 camera due to ‘malfunctions in the firmware’.
The company has published the following details of the problem and a temporary solution for people who have upgraded their cameras on its website:
1.When RAW files, which were taken by X-T2 (before firmware ver.4.00), are converted in camera (ver.4.00) or by “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”, they are not converted properly.
2.When pressing the shutter button halfway under certain conditions, the live view can flicker.
3.In rare cases, a hang-up can occur.
We will inform you later of the detail of fixed firmware for the malfunctions.
As a temporary solution for customers who have upgraded the firmware to ver.4.00, we have prepared a new firmware version of 4.01 whose functions are same as the ver.3.00.
Please update your camera to ver.4.01 to avoid the malfunctions.
*Ver.4.01 doesn’t include the additional functions of ver.4.00.
- Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- *In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- *In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- *In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
- The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 4.01.
- *Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
- Detail of firmware update steps
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
(If you don’t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance.)