Canon has released new firmware for its EOS R and EOS RP mirrorless cameras, in each case improving autofocusing performance.
Firmware version 1.3.0 for the EOS RP (shown above), which is for cameras equipped with firmware up to version 1.2.0, can be downloaded here incorporates the following improvements:
- Enhances eye detection Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
2. Improved Auto Focus (AF) performance helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
3. Reduces lag time between the actual Auto Focus (AF) and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which Main dial icon may not appear when magnify/reduce button is pressed during the image playback.
5. Fixes PTP communication vulnerability.
Firmware version 1.4.0 for the EOS R applies the same adjustments listed, except for point 4, where it fixes a phenomenon in which the AF frame size cannot be changed in the Servo AF setting. Click here to access the download page.