Panasonic has released firmware updates for its S1R/S1 and GH5/GH5S/G9 cameras, along with application software to enhance functions and usability.
Firmware Version 1.3 for the S1 and S1R provides the following improvements:
1. Expanded compatibility with CFexpress Type B cards for faster transfer speeds and support for large-volume image and video files.
- Profoto wireless transmitters “Air Remote TTL-O/P” and “Profoto Connect-O/P” can be used, enabling wireless connection and control of external strobes for professional shooting
- Improved compatibility with Sigma interchangeable lenses and mount converter, making it possible to assign functions to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses and improving the performance of Body I.S. (Image Stabiliser) when attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter.
- Improved compatibility with Panasonic interchangeable lenses, making it possible to assign functions to the lens Fn buttons when the Panasonic Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
- Enabling AF+MF to be used in AFC mode and making it possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is displayed.
- Improved performance of High-Speed Video, enabling manual exposure adjustment according to the video exposure mode (P/A/S/M) in High- Speed Video mode.
- Other improvements are also provided.
The new GH5 Firmware Version 2.6, GH5S Firmware Version 1.4 and G9 Firmware Version 2.0 provide the following improvements:
AWBw] has been added to WB mode.
・[Highlight Weighted] has been added to [Metering mode].
・[Exposure Offset Adjust.] has been added to the Custom menu, which enables adjustment of the standard exposure value for all metering modes.
・[0.5SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
・AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
・[MODE1] has been added to the Live View Boost function, which increases the frame rate for smooth image displays to enable easier manual focusing.
Also available is support for the Profoto wireless transmitters “Air Remote TTL-O/P” and “Profoto Connect-O/P” functions as well as the addition of [Animal Detect] AF based on Advanced AI Technology. It is also possible to switch the subject to focus on by pressing the joystick in [Face/Eye/Body/Animal Detect.] mode.
[AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away. A Focus Peaking function is available not only in MF mode but also in any AF mode. It is possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is displayed. The G9 also gains 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording and 4K 60p/50p 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output as well as luminance level adjustments, VFR (Variable Frame Rate) shooting and HDR video recording. V-Log L recording and Waveform Monitor (WFM) are available with the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU1 (sold separately).
All items are available at the Lumix Global Customer Support website.