Roughly two weeks after issuing Firmware Version 1.1.0 for the EOS R5, Canon has released new firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 for the EOS R5 focuses on the RF100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens and ensures an image stabilisation effect of approximately six stops through collaborative control with the in-lens image stabilisation. It also addresses possible IS degradation that may have occurred during continuous shooting with that lens on the R5 body. Click here for the EOS R5 firmware update.
Firmware 1.1.1 for the EOS R6 is more comprehensive and incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
– A messaging is displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are both enabled.
– When the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM is attached, an image stabilisation effect of approximately six stops (at 500mm) is achieved through collaborative control with the in-lens image stabilisation. (Based on CIPA(Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards.
– Fixes a phenomenon in which the IS capabilities may be degraded when performing continuous shooting in cases where the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens is attached to the EOS R6 running firmware version 1.1.0.
– When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilisation mechanism has been improved.
– Fixes a phenomenon in which the “Slow Synchro” setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
– Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
– Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
– Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
– The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
Click here to download the new firmware for the EOS R6.