Sony has released a firmware update for its FE 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS super-telephoto lens for full-frame E-mount cameras.
The FE 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS super-telephoto lens, shown on the ILCE-9 camera. (Source: Sony.)
The new firmware, Version 06, is available for use with Windows and Mac OS operating systems and provides the following improvements and benefits:
- Adds support for continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking up to a maximum of 120 images/second when used with the ILCE-9M3 camera body
- Fixes an issue where, after updating to Ver. 04, the AF (autofocus) and MF (manual focus) do not work after setting the camera shooting mode to S&Q mode or 4K video mode
Note: When continuous shooting at 60 or 120 images/second, the aperture value of the lens is fixed at the value set for the first image. Either set ISO sensitivity to AUTO or use the P/A shooting mode to ensure appropriate exposure when the subject brightness changes during continuous shooting.
The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
- Improves the Image Stabilisation performance when used with the ILCE-7RM5 camera
- Improves operational stability
- Improves continuous autofocus (AF-C) performance while zooming in when attached to the ILCE-9 camera. Note: Requires the latest ILCE-9 Camera Firmware Update.
The new firmware is available to download here.