Nikon has issued firmware version 1.40 for its Z5 mirrorless camera, adding support for a number of accessory products (including lenses) and improving AF performance.
The new firmware includes all changes made in previous updates and also applies the following changes:
- Added support for the iOS version of NX MobileAir. Use NX MobileAir version 1.0.4 or later.
- Added support for MC-N10 remote grips.
- Added support for ML-L7 remote controls.
- Eye-detection AF is now available during video recording.
- [Save focus position] and [Recall focus position] have been added to the roles that can be assigned using Custom Setting f2 [Custom controls] in the [CUSTOM SETTING MENU]. As of February 14, 2023, these options were supported with the following lenses: Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S, Nikkor Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S, Nikkor Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S, Nikkor Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S and Nikkor Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S.
- Improved eye-detection performance for [Auto-area AF].
- Improved the refresh rate for the focus points displayed in live view during subject-tracking and face/eye-detection AF.
- The behavior of autofocus during memory recall has been improved to ensure that the focus position will not change in any focus mode even if the shutter-release button is pressed halfway while focus recall is in progress.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the camera to stop responding when [Auto] was selected for [Set Picture Control] in the [PHOTO SHOOTING MENU].
Click here to visit the Nikon Download Centre for full details and to download the file.