Sigma has issued firmware updates for its six Quattro-branded cameras as well as the 100-400mm Contemporary lens and MC-11 EF-E converter.
Firmware version 2.02 for the Sigma dp Quattro-series cameras corrects an issue with noise on the right side of the image frame for shots captured in DNG raw format and processed using Adobe Photoshop. It also includes a number of feature improvements and bug fixes. For the sd Quattro cameras, the new firmware also corrects a phenomenon in which Auto Power OFF function took longer when some of the lenses with a built-in OS mechanism were attached. SD Quattro H-specific changes include correction of a phenomenon that occasionally freezes the camera when the shutter button is repeatedly half-pressed and makes it possible to offer faster AF speed for lenses from the Contemporary, Art and Sports lines by 10 ““ 30%, plus improved focusing accuracy.
Other issues addressed by the firmware updates include:
- Changes to the file structure of X3F and X3I files enabling the camera to offer faster processing speeds.
- Improvements to camera startup times.
- Improved colour reproduction performance during indoor shooting when AWB is selected.
- Improved algorithm for the noise reduction in JPEG format.
- Selector buttons can now move the focus frame without using focus frame button.
- It is now possible to set the slowest limit for the shutter speed while shooing ISO Auto.
- Users can now allocate the “LV Magnification Display” function to the FUNC button of the Power Grip PG-41.
- It is now possible to display the shooting information on the sub monitor when checking the recorded images.
- Improved the accuracy of dimming when used with the ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-630 SA, the ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG SUPER SA-STTL, the ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG ST SA-STTL and the ELECTRONIC FLASH MACRO EM-140 DG SA-STTL.
- Changed the specification of the Super Fine Detail (SFD) mode that a warning message appears when the battery is low, and shooting in the SFD mode becomes unavailable.
- Corrected the phenomenon that the lens description in the EXIF data of JPEG images was not displayed properly. This was identified when the JPEG image was developed from the RAW data processed internally on the camera.
Sigma has also released Photo Pro 6.5.4 software release, which adds support for the new sd Quattro firmware, improves image quality for X3F raw files from the sd Quattro H, and adds built-in update checking to the app’s feature list. The new firmware and software updates are available to download from https://www.sigma-global.com/en/download/.