Olympus has released Firmware 4.0 for its E-M1 mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera, which adds seven new functions, including focus bracketing and stacking.
The new firmware, which can be downloaded here, will add the following new functions:
- Focus bracketing is now possible and can be set in Shooting menu 2 > Bracketing [On] > Focus BKT.
- Focus stacking is now possible when a supported lens is attached. It can be set in Shooting menu 2 > Bracketing [On] > Focus BKT [On] > Focus stacking.
- Silent shooting is now possible when the electronic shutter is used for both first and second curtain modes. It can be set in Shooting menu 2 > Anti-Shock/Silent > silent shooting.
- Simulated Optical Viewfinder was added and setting is possible when the mode dial is P/A/S/M. Shooting settings are not reflected in the EVF display. This mode can be set in Custom Menu [J] > S-OVF.
- 4K was added to Time Lapse Movie for Time lapse shooting. It can be set in Shooting menu 1 > Sequential shooting/self-timer/Time lapse shooting > Time lapse shooting [On] > Time Lapse Movie.
- Support has been added for synchronisation of start and stop of movie sound recording when using linear PCM recorder LS-100. It can be set in Custom Menu [I] > PCM Recorder Link > Synchronised Rec.
- Slate Tone generation function has been added for use with Olympus’s linear PCM recorder LS-100. It can be set in Custom Menu [I] > PCM Recorder Link > Slate Tone.
Seventeen other improvements have been added to general operability of the camera, including some re-allocation of menu items, upgrades to movie functionality and support for Windows 10 and OI Share Version 2.6. Updating to Firmware version 4.0 will implement all these improvements.
Olympus has also released an updated version of the user manual for the E-M1, which includes the latest updates. Version 4.0 of the manual can be downloaded from the Olympus support page.