The latest firmware update for Canon’s EOS R mirrorless camera has been released for downloading from the Canon Asia website.
Firmware Version 1.2.0 follows firmware Version 1.1.0, which was released in February and must be pre-installed, adds a number of small, but significant, fixes for the following issues:
1. Under certain conditions the electronic level displayed in the electronic viewfinder did not display properly.
2. Under certain conditions information displayed in the electronic viewfinder was not properly rotated.
3. Under certain conditions updating the firmware for the wireless file transmitter WFT-E7 was not possible.
It also provides the following performance enhancements:
1. Support for Eye-detection AF when shooting still images and also makes it available when shooting movies regardless of the Movie Servo AF setting.
2. Support for AF Frame Size in Servo AF when shooting still images as well as when shooting movies regardless of the Movie Servo AF setting.
Click here to visit the Canon Asia website to view the instructions and download the new firmware.