European software developer, BrainDistrict, has released version 1.5 of its fast image editing application, PaintSupreme, which is available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
A screen grab showing the GUI in PaintSupreme v1.5. (Source: BrainDistrict.)
As with the earlier version, PaintSupreme 1.5 supports many files types (notable JPEGs) but is not raw file compatible. Version 1.5 is faster than its predecessor, largely due to improvements in the way transformations such as rotation and scaling are carried out. Drawing tools operate faster in this new version also and users will generally see other speed improvements throughout the software, enabling them to spend more time creating and less time waiting.
The user experience in v1.5 has been enhanced with brighter text and a cleaner layout, making it easier to use and simplifying navigation. Other new features and major improvements included in this version are:
- Red Eye removal tool which removes the red-eye effect caused by flash photography with a click;
- Shortcuts for the Vector tool making vector image manipulation quicker and easier;
- Increased sensitivity for the Bucket tool so users have more flexibility and control in choosing the area to which they apply an effect;
- Faster switching between layers so changes appear instantly as you move from one layer to another;
- Dramatically increased font size range for the Text tool, up to 1000 pixels from 99 in v1.1, allowing users to create letters as large as the image window itself;
- Improvements to the operation of the Crop and Clone Stamp tools that make them easier to use.
- Filters and effects created in BrainDistrict’s companion product, IFX-Supreme, can be seamlessly integrated into PaintSupreme.
PaintSupreme v1.5 is available from the Mac App Store, and BrainDistrict http://www.braindistrict.com/ at the special introductory price of US $9.99 (regular price $19.99). Current registered users of PaintSupreme can download the new version for free at BrainDistrict.com.