Join Photo Review Australia’s technical editor, Margaret Brown, on a 24 day adventure to South America, taking in Easter Island, Machu Picchu, La Paz, Lake Titicaca, Cuzco and the pristine Manu Jungle in the upper Amazon.
October 5, 2006: Join Photo Review Australia’s technical editor, Margaret Brown, on a 24 day adventure to South America, taking in Easter Island, Machu Picchu, La Paz, Lake Titicaca, Cuzco and the pristine Manu Jungle in the upper Amazon.
– Two-and-a half days on Easter Island, including a full day tour of Anakena.
– Two nights in La Paz, with opportunities to photograph colourful local markets and acclimatise to the high altitude.
– Two nights in Puno (Peru), with a full day cruise on Lake Titicaca, visiting the floating reed island of Uros and Taquile Island.
– Vistadome train from Cuzco to Machu Picchu with overnight accommodation at Machu Picchu, returning on the following day for a full day at leisure in Cuzco.
– Full day’s private bus trip from Cuzco to Manu National Park, with plenty of stops for picture-taking.
– Seven day excursion by motorised dugout canoe through the Upper Amazon tributaries: Alto de Madre de Dios and Manu Rivers. A highlight of the trip, we will visit areas seldom seen by regular tourists, accompanied by a bilingual naturalist. We will travel a total of 530 km, camping on beautiful, sandy beaches, with opportunities to photograph birds, monkeys, pumas, jaguars, the black caiman crocodile and the very rare giant otter.
The trip will be fully escorted from Australia and accommodation will be in 3- and 4-star hotels with private facilities. Only 18 places are available and participants will receive extensive trip notes (including equipment advice) pre-departure. Due to the volatility of air fares, we can only give land content costs, which are $A4585 per person. Phone Australian Andean Adventures on (02) 9299 9973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details, including air fares.
(Photo Review Australia technical editor, Margaret Brown has been contracted by Andean Adventures to provide advice and assistance to participants on this trip.)