Who doesn’t love seeing the lights start to come on as night descends? Your challenge is to capture that special, brief moment in the day somewhere close to where you live…
…We’re looking for pictures taken after sunset but with a sky that’s not quite dark.
And there should be at least one artificial light somewhere in your composition.
Beyond that, the rest is up to you and your creative spirit.
Prize for this challenge is a Think Tank Retrospective ® Leather 5 ““ Pinestone bag
It’s a small, stylish shoulder bag with space for a CSC or DSLR camera, up to 3 lenses and an 8″ tablet. RRP $375.
Please review the rules and email your entries to photochallenge[at]photoreview.com.au
Deadline for entries is August 28, 2017 and the winning pictures will be published in our Dec-Feb 2018 edition of Photo Review Magazine.
Here are the rules:
To enter the challenge all you have to do is send us your best image (we’ll consider up to three images per photographer).
1) Entries should only be new images that have been taken in response to the set challenge.
2) This isn’t a photo manipulation contest, so minimal post-capture processing is a given. Sharpening, colour correction and so forth are fine, but adding extra layers isn’t.
3) Supply images as jpegs at minimum 200mm on the longest side, at 300 DPI.
4) Submit all images to photochallenge[at]photoreview.com.au
5) Please put your caption(s) in the File Info (metadata area) of your image(s), or with the accompanying message. When saving your images, please change the file name so that it incorporates your first initial and last name and the challenge you’re entering (eg, jsmith_chall_ref-lights.jpg).
6) All photographers retain copyright to their submitted image(s). Photo Review may publish submitted image(s) in the magazine, mag app, and website.