Good photographers learn early to get in close to their subjects to maximise visual impact. Our challenge asks you to find and frame a photographic subject you like – and then, to move in tight. Very tight…
… Get in so close that your subject fills the frame edge to edge. So close that there are no distracting details. So close that you’re right on the edge of being too close.
The prize for this challenge is a Think Tank Retrospective ® Leather 5 ““ Pinestone bag
It’s a small, stylish shoulder bag with space for a CSC or DSLR camera, up to 3 lenses and an 8″ tablet. RRP $375.
Please review the rules and email your entries to photochallenge[at]photoreview.com.au.
Deadline for entries is 28 May 2018 and the winning pictures will be published in our Sep-Nov 2018 edition.
Here are the rules:
To enter the challenge all you have to do is send us your best image (we’ll consider up to three images per photographer).
1) Entries open only to Australian residents and should only be new images that have been taken in response to the set challenge.
2) This isn’t a photo manipulation contest, so minimal post-capture processing is a given. Sharpening, colour correction and so forth are fine, but adding extra layers isn’t.
3) Supply images as jpegs at minimum 200mm on the longest side, at 300 DPI.
4) Submit all images to email@example.com
5) Please put your caption(s) in the File Info (metadata area) of your image(s), or with the accompanying message. When saving your images, please change the file name so that it incorporates your first initial and last name and the challenge you’re entering (eg, jsmith_chall_filltheframe.jpg).
6) All photographers retain copyright to their submitted image(s). Photo Review may publish submitted image(s) in the magazine, mag app, and website.