Our ‘Tale of Two Frames’ challenge asks you to create two images which are related in some way to each other. The extra twist is that one picture should have a horizontal aspect ratio and the other should be a vertical composition…
You may also specify which image should be on the right and which on the left.
We like to be surprised, so when we say the pictures must in some way be ‘related’, the connection needn’t be instantly obvious (eg, a tree trunk and a leaf). In fact, the more subtle the connection between the two pictures, the better.
The prize for this challenge is a Think Tank Retrospective ® Leather 5 ““ Pinestone bag
It’s a small, stylish shoulder bag with space for a CSC or DSLR camera, up to 3 lenses and an 8″ tablet. RRP $375.
Please review the rules and email your entries to photochallenge[at]photoreview.com.au.
Deadline for entries is 28 February, 2018 and the winning pictures will be published in our Jun-Aug 2018 edition.
Here are the rules:
To enter the challenge all you have to do is send us your best image (we’ll consider up to three images per photographer).
1) Entries should only be new images that have been taken in response to the set challenge.
2) This isn’t a photo manipulation contest, so minimal post-capture processing is a given. Sharpening, colour correction and so forth are fine, but adding extra layers isn’t.
3) Supply images as jpegs at minimum 200mm on the longest side, at 300 DPI.
4) Submit all images to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Please put your caption(s) in the File Info (metadata area) of your image(s), or with the accompanying message. When saving your images, please change the file name so that it incorporates your first initial and last name and the challenge you’re entering (eg, jsmith_chall_taleof2.jpg).
6) All photographers retain copyright to their submitted image(s). Photo Review may publish submitted image(s) in the magazine, mag app, and website.